The absence of an effective and functional management information strategy affects the productivity of an organisation. Many organisations are championing digital investment as a tool to aid workplace productivity, but it’s all too easy to lose focus on where to target that investment. The data shows that far too many organisations are simply failing to provide employees with the right platform to efficiently manage information in the workplace and this represents a very real flaw in aspirations for greater efficiency. At OASIS Group we believe that there are several strategies you can use to maximise productivity and efficiency in information management:
- Establish clear goals and priorities: Start by defining what records you need to manage and what your objectives are. This will help you prioritise your tasks and make better use of your time.
- Use technology: Take advantage of technology tools to help you manage your information, such as cloud-based storage, collaboration software, or project management tools.
- Develop a system for organising records: Create a logical and intuitive system for storing and retrieving records. Use a consistent naming convention, folder structure, and metadata to make it easy to find and track records.
- Automate routine tasks: Use technology to automate routine tasks such as data entry, document routing, and record retention. This can save time and reduce the risk of errors.
- Standardise processes: Standardise your records management processes to reduce variability and improve efficiency. Use templates, workflows, and checklists to ensure consistency and quality.
- Monitor performance: Use metrics to track the performance of your records management system. Measure the time it takes to retrieve records, the accuracy of data entry, and compliance with retention policies. Use this information to identify areas for improvement.
- Continuously improve: Regularly review your records management processes and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement. Solicit feedback from staff and stakeholders and incorporate their suggestions into your system.
At OASIS Group we believe that the ability to manage information will increase your oganisation’s workload significantly and will make you more efficient with your time. Contact us today if you want to find out how we can support your efficient records management strategy.
About the author
Within my role as Group Marketing Manager I work closely with the Product, Sales and wider Marketing teams to develop and execute a results driven marketing programme across the group countries.
In this role I am responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for the energy sector in order to attract potential clients and retain existing ones.