A message from our CEO
The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic continue to be felt to varying degrees around the world. Governments are modifying and updating guidelines on an almost daily basis. Whilst OASIS Group have continued to operate throughout the COVID-19 pandemic we are continually updating our processes, guidelines and measures to reflect local and national guidance.
We understand how important the services and solutions we provide are to the daily operations of your business and OASIS Group remain committed to maintaining our services whilst keeping our Team Members, clients, members of the public and stakeholders safe.
We have increased our scan-on-demand capabilities and implemented home delivery services* to help your business continue to operate safely and in accordance with local restrictions.
Our dedicated Team Members are working hard to provide you with a full service capability and I would like to take a moment to thank all our clients for working with us to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
*To arrange home delivery please ask an authorised member of your team to speak with your local OASIS Client Care team
What are we doing to protect our clients and our business?
Business Continuity Plans
As local governments impose further regional and national restrictions we continue to review and update our local and group wide risk assessments, control measures and contingency plans to ensure that we can continue to deliver critical operations and services safely and securely, and that our resources and supply chain are maintained.
Our Business Continuity Plans include the points below:
- A Crisis Management Team continue to meet virtually on a weekly basis.
- Monitoring the progress of our Business Continuity Plans and any new or emerging risks through our Crisis Management Team and mitigating these accordingly.
- Scenario-based plans for the different phases of the Coronavirus.
- Our operations remain home-based wherever possible.
- We have made changes to our delivery and collection processes to protect the health and safety of our Team Members and clients and minimise the risks associated with COVID-19. These changes ensure that our services can continue without interruption.
- On request, we can scan and send records instead of physically delivering them.
- Quickly mobilising and deploying resources across OASIS Group in accordance with priorities. Our Team Members are cross-trained which means we can be flexible and responsive in our use of resources.
- Business Continuity and resilience plans take account of the possibility that key workers or key facilities may be impacted by COVID-19.
- We continue to follow public health advice from each local government to protect the health and safety of our Team Members, for example the provision of Personal Protective Equipment where necessary.
- We continue to issue regular communications to remind our Team Members of good hygiene practice and the requirement to comply with medical and government advice in relation to the basic protective measures against COVID-19, this includes personal travel and sickness reporting.
- We continue to provide our Team Members with support and pastoral care through our HR and occupational health teams and Employee Assistance Programme.
- We continue to issue regular communications and guidance to managers to support them with handling any COVID-19 cases in accordance with official medical, government, legal and HR advice.
- We have implemented a no-physical contact policy which includes the use of online tools to hold meetings.
- We have imposed travel restrictions for all non-business critical travel.
- We continue to raise Team Member awareness of cyber-attacks in light of the increased risk of criminals exploiting the coronavirus to obtain sensitive personal information.
- Team Members engaged in the provision of essential services have been identified across all countries in which we operate, and where required notified of their status.
- We have cross trained a number of Team Members in each facility to cover all essential services should the normal staff fall ill or not be able to fulfil their duties.
- We have carried out risk assessments on our Record Centres and offices to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of our Team Members onsite.
- A COVID Controller has been appointed to each OASIS Record Centre and office to ensure risk assessments are kept up to date and guidelines are followed by all Team Members.
- Further guidance for Team Members can be found here
- As your Records and Information Management partner we have full digital capabilities and we are asking our clients to consider whether documents they require can be scanned and sent electronically at this time.
- We encourage our clients to ensure a dedicated single point of distribution is available for our Team Members when making collections and deliveries.
- Our ‘no-signature’ policy for collections and deliveries remains in place – we are no longer asking clients to handle our hand-held devices for signature. Instead our Team Members are logging the name of the authorised individuals accepting the delivery.
- Our risk assessments have taken into consideration client visits to our Record Centres where a virtual meeting is not suitable for the task at hand.
- We have conducted a review of our critical suppliers to seek assurances that they can continue to provide the level of service that enables OASIS to maintain service levels to our clients.
- We are in constant communication with our suppliers and they have been instructed to notify us if any of their circumstances change which could put at risk the delivery of their products or services to OASIS Group.
- We have not yet identified any risks or issues in our supply chain.
Visitors and contractors
- All visitors and contractors to any OASIS Group site are required to complete a declaration confirming that they do not have any known symptoms of COVID-19 and have not knowingly come in to contact with any other person who has been infected with the virus. Access will be denied if confirmation cannot be provided.
- All non-business-critical visits to our sites have been cancelled and/or rescheduled to a later date.
- We are reviewing and updating our risk assessments to assess when it will be safe for non-business critical site visits to resume.
- Our beyond the lockdown risk assessment guidance has been created to provide practical advice to OASIS Team Members, partners, clients and suppliers on OASIS’ phased return to the workplace.
How will we keep you informed?
We will continue to monitor the situation through official channels and will take all necessary actions to maintain our services whilst complying with the government directives of the countries in which we operate. Naturally, this is an evolving situation and we will do all we can to ensure we communicate changes to our services as advice and restrictions are released.
To keep you updated, we will post information on our website (www.oasisgroup.com), LinkedIn and direct email.